We are currently recruiting for a Data Protection FOI and Records Officer. This is a new post in the Organisation.
Salary: €25,000-€35,000 Pro Rata, negotiable depending on experience
Permanent Part-Time 24 hours per week
The Data Protection, FOI and Records Officer will oversee the organisation’s records management systems.
The Officer will assess Data Protection processes and requirements, identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance with the highest standards of best practice in data protection. The person will ensure that the company is appropriately prepared and fully compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and current legislation and best practice.
The Person will act as central point of contact to manage all Freedom of Information (FOI) requests and ensure that statutory obligations and timelines are adhered to.
Each candidate for the appointment must:
- Have a relevant third level qualification and preferably a Professional Qualification in Data Protection such as CIPP/E, CIPT or CISM
- Have experience of working within a data protection framework and have experience of translating regulatory requirements into practical, operational solutions
- Have ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and awareness of current data management and communications technologies
- Have knowledge of and experience with relevant data protection and privacy requirements
- Have ability to accurately identify and explain key issues and communicate these in an accessible manner
- Have strong understanding and experience of database management and systems
- Have a high level of organizational skills
- Be proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, SharePoint portals
- Have a full clean driving licence which qualifies you to drive on Irish Roads with means of transport
- Advanced report writing experience
- FOI Experience
- Records Management
- Experience working in Social Care would be a distinct advantage
- Implementation of requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulations
- Perform a Gap Analysis between current systems and processes and the relevant Data Protection Legislation and best practice and implement solutions.
- Implement the companies data management policies and procedures
- Design and deliver appropriate data management policies and procedures
- Guide and advice data protection compliance related activities while demonstrating strong organisational skills.
- Design and deploy appropriate data processor contracts and data protection policies where required taking full account of upcoming regulatory and legislative requirements and feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Develop systems and capabilities to monitor adherence to the policies and design and deliver staff training on data protection obligations and update all relevant manuals and materials on an on-going basis to ensure they remain relevant.
- Responsible for management of data protection incidents and act as an advisor to staff and a source of guidance
- Develop and implement a data governance framework
- Organise and deliver staff training on requirements of Data Protection. Develop and update all relevant manuals and materials on an on-going basis to ensure they remain relevant
Freedom of Information:
- Manage all Freedom of Information requirements
- To be responsible for day to day management and sourcing of records in respect of requests sought under the Freedom of Information Acts
- Liaise with all FOI decision-makers to ensure that all relevant legislative and regulatory procedures are adhered to
- Liaise with all nominated decision-makers to ensure that relevant functions will be informed in advance of records or information that it is proposed should be released under FOI.
- Advise the organisation of changes in legislation and regulatory requirements and ensure that policies and procedures are updated accordingly
- Provide FOI education and training to staff
- Manage the relationship with the Office of the Information Commissioner
- Develop and oversee an ICT tracking system for all matters relevant to FOI
- Ensure that FOI internal reviews are processed within the specified time frame
- To implement procedures and systems under FOI and Administrative Access
- To compile information on requests and provide statistical returns as required
- To carry out project work in relation to national initiatives under the scope of the Freedom of Information Acts
The Person will be responsible for the overall administration of and provide reports to management on the effectiveness of the
- The Organisation’s client and other database systems,
- Electronic storage systems and archive activities.
- Play a primary role in driving efficient record management systems
- Update personal information where required and review all current information on a continual
- To train selected staff on an ongoing basis in co-operation with the Training Department
- To produce statistical data in areas for which he/she has responsibility as required
- To advise on record management issues
- To carry out staff induction training as required
Please email your covering letter & CV to email@example.com