Positive Care are seeking a HR Assistant
About Positive Care:
Positive Care has been entrusted to care for over 400 Young People who are looked after by the State. We work in partnership with TUSLA to ensure all Young People receive quality services. These include therapeutic residential care, access to education, access to psychological services, integration into local communities and preparation for aftercare. We acknowledge that each young person has their own individual needs. Coupled with our multi-faceted Care Framework, we best meet those needs with a four step plan beginning with assessment.
We employ and invest in over 250 people; more than 80% of our management team have grown and developed from within the company. All of our teams understand and contribute to our vision for all Young People in Positive Care. We have a heavily layered Management structure to oversee compliance with Residential Care standards and to make certain that our teams receive the support, guidance and training when it is needed. We have grown over the past few years due to high demand for placements within our services. The various types of services we provide have enabled us to now manage 16 houses throughout Ireland.
As an instrumental member of the HR Team, the HR Assistant will support and assist the HR Manager in delivering all aspects of HR strategy thereby fostering growth, innovation and employee engagement & retention across our business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the HR Assistant
- Providing back up administration services on a planned basis.
- Assist in all Company audits as required – H&S etc.
- Assist the HR, Recruitment & Training Department at the year-end audit, on HR matters.
- Assist in the preparation for Wellbeing and Recruitment Events.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly HR bulletins and ad hock communication as directed by HR Manager.
- Assist with administration for the HR, Recruitment and Training team when required.
- Support the HR Manager in carrying out bi-annual training and development needs assessment and devise necessary training plan in conjunction with the Senior Management team.
- Ensuring accurate employee records are maintained on all HR systems both electronic and Time Management System (TMS) including historic data not stored electronically.
- Supporting our Recruitment team, Operations and Training Team to ensure the updating of Personnel HR files in line with Positive Care’s retention schedule, ensuring constant workflow on files returned, contracts, references etc.
- Supporting, Maintaining and further developing the training and development programs and tools.
- Responsible for the management of the HR management diary, planner, scheduling appointments and meetings in line with the needs of the HR Department.
- Responsible for preparing reports from our database for monthly/year-end audit, regarding attendance i.e. sick leave, headcount, probation reviews etc.
- Provide data for management information reports and documents.
Communication & Influencing
- Supporting the delivery of HR advice and support to management and employees, explaining procedures and policies in a timely and effective manner.
- Supporting the development and update of relevant policies and procedures, including the Staff handbook (e.g. recruitment, probation period, leaves, social media etc.) in line with the evolving legislation.
- Ensure personal behaviour is aligned to Positive Care’s mission, vison and values.
- Adhere to all Positive Cares policies and procedures at all times.
- To exercise discretion at all times.
- To maintain high standards regarding both Positive Care’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- A high sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attend/Request training appropriate to your role.
- To positively promote the organisation in all activities.
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role.
What we can offer you:
- Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Core Professional Training provided free of charge in a range of subjects
- The best career progression opportunities in the sector
- A clear and defined pathway to management
- Team Building Activities
- Company Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Bonus Available
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Required – Relevant HR qualification and CIPD Associate.
- You will have at least 2 years HR experience in a team environment.
- You should be an excellent communicator and have experience and good working knowledge of relevant HR and labour law and legislation.
- You will be used to working on your own and in a team environment and should be capable of advising all staff and management on staff rights and responsibilities.
- You will have a full clean Irish/European driving licence. On occasion you will be required to visit sites throughout Ireland therefore a full driver’s licence is essential. This role is primarily based in Arklow Co. Wicklow
- Your IT skills should be excellent in terms of Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Power Point and preferably have experience of TMS.
- You should be familiar with Social Media forums such as Indeed and Linked In and the management of them
- Preferable – Knowledge of the key elements of effective team working
- Preferable – Knowledge of the Irish National Standards in Children’s Residential Centers
Please forward your CV to email@example.com