Have you an interest in making a positive impact to young people’s lives? Do you want to help improve outcomes for young people in care?
Would you like to join an organisation committed to working with young people to ensure they achieve their potential?
Positive Care are looking for energetic Acting Social Care Leader (6 months) to join their residential care team based in Co. Cork. In your role you will act as the support and care worker to young people in the house, driving towards positive changes every single day.
Do you hold one of the following:
A Bachelor or MA/MSc in any of the following fields: Social Care; Applied Social Studies; Applied Social Studies in Social Care; Social Care Practice
What we can offer you:
- Attractive salary including full hourly rate for overnights
- Length of Service Increments
- A rostering system focused on ensuring a work/life balance
- Paid while you attend fun activities and outings
- Life Assurance (DIS)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Core Professional Training provided free of charge in a range of subjects
- Education Assistance Grants
- The best career progression opportunities in the sector
- A clear and defined pathway to management
- Team Building Activities
- Company Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Bonus Available
What you bring:
A Bachelor or MA/MSc in any of the following fields: Social Care; Applied Social Studies; Applied Social Studies in Social Care; Social Care Practice.
- A full, clean, manual driving license, valid in Ireland.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the key elements of effective team working
- Knowledge of the Irish National Standards in Children’s Residential Centres
- A willingness to be a positive role model as part of a care team
Minimum 3 years relevant post qualification experience which must include at least two years supervisory experience in Residential Childcare.
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” – Helen Keller
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €38,650.00 per year